Question:
how about buying a used motorhome and live in it. would that be cheaper then rent in a small rural town? my wi
1970-01-01 00:00:00 UTC
how about buying a used motorhome and live in it. would that be cheaper then rent in a small rural town? my wi
Eleven answers:
trailerville
2006-03-06 13:13:18 UTC
It might be slightly cheaper, but the decrease in living conditions might make it not worth it- depending on what kind of motor home you are looking at. A lot of motor homes are not built for long-term occupancy, so be sure you know what you are getting into.

I would be sure to compare the price with that of getting a traditional mobile home, and with all of the other residential options there.

Here is a forum for a group called Escapees, which is mostly retired full-time RV'ers, but they may be able to provide some help to you if you have any other questions:

http://escapees.infopop.cc/eve/ubb.x

Whatever makes you happy, go for it, and good luck.
James D
2006-03-06 13:01:08 UTC
It could be, depending on where you could leave or park it.

Unless you're in an RV park or campground, you're going to be tresspassing. I suppose you could get someone's permission to park, but I don't know why they would agree to it without some kind of consideration. No matter where you are, you're likely going to have to pay something--per night, week, or month--for space. Add to that gas costs if you're going to be traveling at all, plus propane or whatever fuel you'll need for cooking and hot water. It's a romantic notion, but I'm not sure it's all that economic .
ladygoofycat27
2006-03-06 12:58:33 UTC
you need to consider how much gas you will be using
idontkno
2006-03-06 12:58:05 UTC
hell know .that thing going to fall apart on you guys.don;t do that .if anything bye a new one.don't think about the stigma that go alone with it .you live the way want for you no one else.it ok to live in a motorhome if that all you can bye at least it your.
2006-03-06 12:57:20 UTC
how bout NO
me
2006-03-06 12:57:11 UTC
how do you feel about social stigma? a motorhome, trailer, or double-wide has a social stigma relating to being poor. if that doesn't bother you, then it will cost more upfront, but should be cheaper to live in month to month.
2006-03-06 12:57:05 UTC
Not really. Unless you have a free space to put it in, with free utilities, free dump for the toilet, and free gas for the "gas-hog" RV.
2006-03-06 12:56:55 UTC
I think buying a motorhome and living in it would be much cheaper as long as you are able to travel with it in the winter time.
ReddBratt
2006-03-06 12:56:48 UTC
Depends on what your monthly payments are and space rent in a rv park.
Blubla
2006-03-06 15:20:58 UTC
If it is fully self contained, you could check into being a host(hostess)or perhaps rv park manager or can purchase a lot or have a relative with property you can park it on, other wise it can be quite expensive. Of course if you are retired you can always park in a park somewhere or in the wild, but that might get old after awhile.

Blubla
?
2016-10-15 05:13:28 UTC
i'm from Charlotte, growing to be up you used to work out them interior the outdoor. I called them facas while i became a newborn (fox) additionally observed deer, raccoons, opossums, rabbits, squirrels, and a lot of owls and hawks. crimson tailed, large horned owls. I slept outdoors as quickly as and a fox barked at me, they have an extremely intense pitch to their bark, it sounds extra like a yelp. Raccoons will **** a puppy up. I in no way observed a undergo or wild turkey, yet I used to hearken to them interior the woods while i became a newborn. I additionally in no way observed a mountain lion/ cougar, yet they stay in my section and extra in direction of the coastline, whether the call shows they only stay interior the mountains.