Question:
Where is nice but affordable place for a college student to live close to or around the UT campus?
hithere!
2006-05-12 10:42:41 UTC
I am moving this coming fall...I would greatly appreciate any info that you could give. I will even consider living in a dorm if i have to, but I am not a freshman so I don't really want to live in a dorm. If you have lived in a dorm at or around the campus, tell me which ones you liked the best and why. Thanks!
Two answers:
Fig
2006-05-13 21:43:40 UTC
Living in or around UT isn't very cheap. Have you tried looking at Craigslist or the Statesman for listings? http://austin.craigslist.org or http://www.statesman.com

If you have a car, it is probably best to live on the outskirts.

Best of luck and welcome to Austin! :)
Hopefully helps
2006-05-17 15:21:11 UTC
The Metropolis Apartments are very eclectic. There are all sorts of types of people that live there. A bunch of students live there also. It is on the bus line and abput ten minutes from campus. It is in a perfect location because it is by the interstate, downtown, etc. It takes about ten minutes to get any where from there. The staff are very helpful with anything you need. They are located on South Pleasant Valley Road between Oltorf and Riverside. Check them out.