Question:
what is the best way to catch a catfish?
grammy76049
2006-02-24 05:29:47 UTC
what is the best way to catch a catfish?
Nine answers:
usarmedic2002
2006-02-24 05:32:20 UTC
big cats like live bait. but with over 27,000 taste buds... they will eat just about anything. I perfer small live bluegill or large minnows. chicken liver is good for cats upto 5 lbs as well as raw shrimp. but the biggest cat I caught was 38 lbs on live bluegill.

i have the pictue on my computer!!!!
printcollatoroperator
2006-02-24 05:37:34 UTC
The best way to catch a catfish is to bottom fish, with a worm, minnow or beef heart. you might even want to chum the area, since catfish have a large appetite.

fish in still water with a mud bottom

let your bait rest on the bottom for at least 15 min.
Mikem
2006-02-24 05:36:11 UTC
In my own experience catfish feed on the bottom. So with a worm baited hook and a small lead weight about a yard up the line from the hook just sit there and wait !!
2006-02-24 05:32:04 UTC
Catnip?
dick37
2006-02-26 21:06:45 UTC
stink bait on a trot line. or believe it or not spinnerbait at dusk.you have to troll it deep.
lasvegas
2006-02-28 22:57:31 UTC
TUB FISHING. DRIFT SLOWLY WITH THE BAIT (LIVE OR DEAD SHAD) ABOUT 4 TO SIX INCHES OFF BOTTOM. I HAVE GREAT LUCK EVERYTIME.
2006-02-24 05:33:18 UTC
bring a cat
steamy_chick_k
2006-02-24 05:34:10 UTC