Question:
Visiting Austin Texas?
2006-03-04 07:47:48 UTC
Hi my name is Karen, i'm 24 and am visiting Austin, Texas for the first time in may and would be grateful if anyone can suggest good places to eat, visit and have fun!

Thanks! :)
Five answers:
jonatne
2006-03-05 18:07:57 UTC
You should definately go downtown

go to sixth street

if you go during the summer go to barton springs

there are a few mediocre malls

the hill country north of austin is really pretty

there are nice lakes (lake travis / lake austin)

magnolia cafe ( i like the one on congress ) is a great place to eat 24 hours a day

kirby lane is another

and katzs

i could tell you how to get to all of these places but google maps works pretty well

theres a lot of live music too

sixth street can give you most of this but for the rest of the scatred places you'll have to search for it
cshana001
2006-03-09 10:05:00 UTC
6th street is nice if you you like the club scene, but it doesn't start rockin till late in the afternoon. During the day, your should try the lake. Go out to Carlos and Charlies or rent a boat or jetski from Just For Fun. And if you come to Austin, you have to eat at Hill's Cafe on South Congress. Best Texas home-cooking in town.
dmp
2006-03-10 13:32:40 UTC
EAT at Moonshine

DRINK at Logans & Mooseknuckles & Maggie Maes

PARTY at Aquarium & Light Bar & Red Fez

Enjoy!
dad7734
2006-03-04 09:02:57 UTC
beenm awhile since i been there,but if I rememnber correctly...it was 6th street where the party was..Austin is a friendly place, you won't have any trouble at all...this is from a guy in Dallas tx
Kowboey
2006-03-08 16:54:24 UTC
UT BASEBALL GAME

STATE CAPTIAL TOUR