Question:
Is anyone living in Austin, Texas??
pinky
2006-04-26 12:44:17 UTC
Hubby got a job offer and I want some real opinions on the place, not just statistics...
Four answers:
akrai
2006-04-27 15:43:46 UTC
I live in the middle of it all. My place is located in central Austin, just north of downtown. It is a great city. I have been here off and on for about 14 years, due to work related travels and international assignments. I started university and never left the city. I call Austin my home, since it offers a balance between big city and small town feel. In addition, the energy level the city gives off is great for all types of activities. It kind of helps with a large park and lake right in the middle of it all. If you are interested in some of the places, here is a short list of items.

Live music goes on every night from Wednesday till Sunday.

6th Street is for younger crowd, while warehouse district (4th) is for older crowd.

Zilker Park has lots of festivals and events, largest one being ACL (Austin City Limits) Music Festival.

Town Lake has hike and bike trail, canoeing and kayaking.

Lake Austin has boating and jet skiing.
Tiffany
2006-04-27 01:02:19 UTC
I live about 30 minutes away from Austin. Austin's a pretty good place. Better than where I live anyway. It's got a lot of stuff to do and such.
TROGDOR the BURNINATOR
2006-04-26 19:45:17 UTC
MY FAMILY WERE THE FIRST JEWS THERE!!!!! GO US!!!!!
mikejtimmons
2006-04-26 19:48:12 UTC
he is dumb^