Question:
Which is a better city to live in, Austin or San Antonio, and why?
2006-05-27 22:31:58 UTC
Which is a better city to live in, Austin or San Antonio, and why?
Nine answers:
m137pay
2006-05-27 22:36:08 UTC
Austin...better music scene, more bohemian.
george_o_jones
2006-05-31 12:00:06 UTC
Although I'm biased, I would say Austin. The nightlife is better, the job market is better, the restaurants are better, the people are more active (thus more attractive), etc.

San Antonio is not a bad place to visit, and they do have the Spurs but I would not want to live there.

San Antonio does not have the same traffic issues that Austin does but Austin's traffic woes are not that bad if you take the time to learn your way around the hot spots. If you stick to I-35 and Mo-Pac, you will go nowhere fast. If you travel back roads, you can make decent time.
Michelle A
2006-05-30 19:09:17 UTC
San Antonio becasue of the schools and the rich Mexican culture. Austin because of the music and surrounding natural beauty. So basically, the former if you work, and the latter if you're a hippie.
2006-05-27 22:38:35 UTC
san antonio,hands down.austin is full of self righteous liberals,gangs,and the worst traffic in the country.san antonio,if you want to change lanes in traffic you can use your signal,they will actualy slow down and let you in,friendliest people in texas,little or no class resentment.I live in Dallas and work in austin and san antonio during the week.if my son didn't live here with his mother,i would move to san antonio in a heartbeat.
?
2016-11-14 07:45:07 UTC
Austin is captivating and has extra technical industries. a lot of my acquaintances have moved to Austin, and one reason is by the fact it relatively is interior the Bible Belt. For some this is incomprehensible, yet once you intend to enhance little ones the coaching is a techniques above established. Christian ethics is something many mothers and dads want thier little ones envolved in, no longer foul language, punking out, doing drugs and piercing all your exterior physique areas. So it relatively is extra for conservative Republican Christians as a demographic. through terrain, steep cliffs on the west edge above the river it gets hit by technique of fewer tornadoes than the flat Texas plains or say Oklahoma. Rob BB in AZ.
Mike M
2006-05-28 19:13:25 UTC
Auston has a better pace, more culture, more variety. San Antonio is only a short drive away for weekend visits.
Shy-Angel
2006-05-27 22:37:29 UTC
San Antonio, because it's a little big city. much fun.
2006-05-28 19:10:03 UTC
Austin...I am from there and there's a lot fun things to do.
Sean
2006-05-27 22:34:00 UTC
MORTAL KOMBAT