Question:
I am going to SXSW Interactive. Anything I should do while i am in Austin?
michmd
2006-03-12 08:43:17 UTC
I am going to SXSW Interactive. Anything I should do while i am in Austin?
Three answers:
2006-03-12 08:48:23 UTC
If you like the night life, go to Sixth Street, that is where all the clubs are. Take a knife or gun with you. Everyone else will have one on them, It's Texas.

Heck, you might even see Sandra Bullock their, she hangs out their.

Go see Lake Travis if you like the water.

Go eat BBQ at the salt lick BBQ place. It rocks.

If you want to see live music, Austin City Limits is live.

Check out the State Capitol Building.

Many more things to do, just do a google search on Austin.
mukherjirohini
2006-03-12 16:59:19 UTC
Foodwise - you have to do the Texas barbeque. Rudy's for the true blue Texan meat, and Chui's for the heart of Tex Mex cuisine.

Lake Austin and Lake Travis, and if you like the road trips, visiting the San Antonio river walk is so worth it!

For some adventure, you have water sports on Town Lake. A great city, whatever you want to do! Enjoy :)
2006-03-12 23:22:41 UTC
Check out the state capitol building, watch the Mexican freetail bats migrate, visit caves in the area